Thursday, February 12, 2009

Remote Control my Laptop

Have you ever wanted to remote control your laptop.

Well, I knew this was possible but never really gave it a second thought… …until my wife and I started watching Prison Break on the Laptop. We plug it into the TV for better viewer experience. The thing is the Laptop is JUST too far to reach and I would LOVE to pause the episode now and again.

After having to run to the Laptop every few minutes I decided to get a remote for my laptop. I thought of buying a Wii console and then write an application for it until a friend of mine reminded me about free Bluetooth applications over your phone.

I did a Google search and found THIS site.  RemoteControl

Basically with this software, you will be able to control remotely your desktop mouse, Winamp, iTunes, Windows Media Player, PowerDVD etc. You can also set it up tp pause your favourite music software when the phone rings, then resume play when you hang up. In future you’ll also be able to add your own application.

This Bluetooth remote control application is definitely in the lines of what I was looking to get and can’t wait to test it the next time my wife and I want to pause an episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment